What is an Authentic SwingFrame?
Made-in-the-USA SwingFrame is our patented, multi-purpose frame and display system that swings open. This functionality allows a multitude of display types to be easily accessed and rapidly changed. The SwingFrame design is composed of the following features:
- Two-Part Frame System - The back "Swing Shell" is attached with hinges to the front custom picture frame.
- Hidden Hinges - Our unique hinges are installed and hidden behind the front frame for a clean, finished look.
- Gravity Lock - This locking mechanism is hidden behind the front frame. Operate it by placing your finger behind the front frame and sliding the thin metal bar up to release the frame. You can now swing the frame open. Close the frame and slide the bar back down to lock and secure the frame.
- "Swing Shell" - This is built out of solid wood and laminated on its sides in various colors and finishes to complement the front frame.
- Shadow Box Display Case - Behind the front frame is a wooden shadow box. This display cabinet comes in numerous sizes and interior depths. A wide range of exterior and interior laminated colors and finishes complement the selected metal or wood frame. The SwingFrame hinges are installed on the side of the display cabinet and hidden behind the attached front frame.
- Mounting Hardware - A wood or metal z-bar (cleat) and hanging brackets on the back of the "Swing Shell" or cabinet make it easy to mount and secure the SwingFrame to a wall.
What makes our SwingFrame unique?
- Simplicity - Concealed hinges and gravity lock create the simple to use swing-open frame feature that secures the SwingFrame. Once on the wall, you can't tell the frame swings open for quick access.
- Versatility - The SwingFrame system is adaptable for creating numerous types of visual display, visual merchandise, and visual communication product categories.
- Flexibility - The SwingFrame system allows for custom sizes to be quickly and cost-effectively built. We do not have minimum quantities for custom work.
- More Choices - Besides our in-house designed frame styles, the SwingFrame system can utilize thousands of readily available metal and wood picture frame moldings from nationwide distributors. These moldings provide an endless array of profile styles, colors, and finishes. We can also source custom materials for more choices to help enhance your indoor frame display design needs.
What types of displays can we create with the SwingFrame system?
Over the years, the swing-open framing system has evolved into a myriad of indoor wall and freestanding display products. These include wall Poster Frames, Sign Holders, Shadow Boxes, Cork Boards, Bulletin Boards, Marker Boards & Dry Erase Whiteboards and Blackboards, Changeable Letter Boards, Display Cases, Newspaper Frames, Restaurant Menu Frames, and Backlit/Edgelit LED Light Boxes. SwingFrame Floorstands include Poster Displays, Floor Sign Holders, Poster Stands, Bulletin Board Stands and Message Board Stands, Floor Standing Letterboards & Directories, Dry Erase, White and Black Marker Boards.
Where can I see SwingFrames?
SwingFrames can be found in just about every industry and marketplace. Our customer list is extensive and purchased by Retail Stores, Corporate Offices, Residential Buildings, Senior Living Facilities, Malls, Schools and Universities, Libraries, Banks and Financial Institutions, Hotels, Restaurants, Hospitals, and Healthcare Centers, Museums, Government Agencies, and Military Facilities.
Are there SwingFrame knockoffs in the marketplace?
We have not seen any exact knockoffs. Some have tried to imitate the SwingFrame design. But function, style, and quality pale in comparison to the Authentic SwingFrame system.
How can I tell if my display is an Authentic SwingFrame?
The SwingFrame design is a two-part system with a front wood or metal frame and Swing Shell, back frame part. Our unique hinges and Gravity Lock connect these two frame parts.
The original SwingFrame used steel latches (instead of the sliding Gravity Lock) to close the front frame. You may still find many of these original SwingFrames in use, even after 30 years!
What other details differentiate Authentic SwingFrames from imitators?
- We can assemble SwingFrames with hundreds of custom metal and wood picture frame moldings. These choices give you an unlimited number of options and styles to create the perfect SwingFrame.
- If needed, an optional side plunge lock can be installed with a key is for additional security.
- Personalized message header panels (fixed or removable) are available on many SwingFrame displays to showcase a company, organization, team name, logo, slogan, brand, or other messages.
- Optional Lighting for all SwingFrame products. We can light your display from the top, back, or edges using LED or fluorescent lights.
- Matboards can enhance your SwingFrame and complement your interior décor or space. You get to choose from the hundreds of matboard colors for creating the perfect finish for your indoor display application.
- Acrylic windows come with each SwingFrame. Options vary depending on the product type. We offer clear, non-glare, and break-resistant acrylic.
- Various interior backing materials, including cork, fabric, letter boards, or dry-erase boards, can be built into your SwingFrame.
Where can I buy Authentic SwingFrames?
All of our Made in America and patented SwingFrame collections are built at our SwingFrame manufacturing facility in Long Island, New York, and purchased online at Displays4Sale.com Letterboards4Sale.com SwingFrames4Sale.com Shadowboxes.com or one of our other many specialty stores. Need a custom look? Try our new you-design-it website, DisplayFrames.com. Additionally, don't hesitate to contact a local authorized dealer, or reseller, who offers our Authentic SwingFrames. Email, chat, or give us a call at 800-289-1539 for more information or to request a quote.